Other Covers CD
- In stock, ready to ship
- Inventory on the way
When legendary singer/songwriter James Taylor went into the studio in 2008 to cut his Grammy nominated “Covers” album, he and his band had so much fun playing some of their all-time favorites that they ended up with far more material than they could possibly include on the record. Lucky for us, they’ve released a follow up with those additional songs. Other Covers contains stellar material including versions of Tom Wait’s “Shiver Me Timbers,” Chuck Berry’s “Memphis,” The Silhouettes’ “Get A Job” and the Eddie Floyd/Steve Cropper Stax nugget “Knock On Wood.”
“I had such a great time recording these songs,” said Taylor. “There was a real freedom to these sessions. You have these great musicians, these incredible songs— we improvised everything on the spot in a 10-day period and came away with close to 20 songs. It was difficult to pick the songs for Covers since we had so much material and I am thrilled at the opportunity to share these additional songs with my fans.”
Apr 7th, 2009
1. Oh, What a Beautiful Mornin’ (Rogers – Hammerstein) (3:13)
2. Get a Job (Earl Beal, Raymond Edwards, Richard Lewis, William Horton) (4:08)
3. Memphis (Chuck Berry) (3:11)
4. Shiver Me Timbers (Tom Waits) (4:18)
5. Wasn’t That a Mighty Storm (Traditional arr. James Taylor) (4:20)
6. In the Midnight Hour (Steve Cropper – Wilson Pickett) (3:14)
7. Knock on Wood (Eddie Floyd-Steve Cropper) (3:53)
This Official Fantasy Recordings Store is managed by Second City Prints. If you have any questions about merch or your order, please use our FAQ Center.
Questions about your purchase and can't find the answers on the FAQ page? Please contact us here or send us a note to:
We do our best to respond to all inquiries within 1-2 business days or less.
This contact page is for the Fantasy Recordings Store only and is not a contact page for A&R or other Fantasy Recordings business.